MATERIAL SAFETY DATASHEET of MAGNESIUM STEARATE
MATERIAL SAFETY DATASHEET (MSDS)
1. PRODUCT NAME AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
Product Name: MAGNESIUM STEARATE
2. COMPOSITION/INGREDIENT INFORMATION
Chemical Formula: (C17H35COO)2Mg
Composition: Magnesium stearate 100%
CAS #: 557-04-0
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
MAGNESIUM STEARATE is not identified as Hazardous Goods.
4. TRANSPORT INFORMATION
DOT Classification: Not a DOT controlled material.
Class/Division: Not restricted
Proper Shipping Name: N/A
Packing Group: N/A
ID Number: N/A
5. FIRST AID MEASURES
Eyes: Flush with plenty of water or eye wash solution for 15 minutes. WARM water MUST be used. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
Skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation occurs.
Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately. Loosen tight clothing such as collars, ties, belts or waistbands.
Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Seek medical attention.
Skin Absorption: May cause irritation with symptoms of redness, swelling, itching and pain.
Eye Contact: Eye contact may cause irritation with symptoms of redness, swelling, itching, tearing and pain.
Ingestion: May cause gastroenteritis (inflammation of the lining membrane of the stomach and intestines) with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract.
6. FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
Flammability of Product: Magnesium stearate may be combustible at high temperatures.
Auto Ignition Temperature: Not Available
Hazardous Combustion Products: CO, CO2
Conditions Under Which Flammability Could Occur: Not Available
Extinguishing Media: Dry Chemical; Carbon Dioxide; Foam Note: Do not use water jet.
7. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES (STEPS FOR SPILLS)
Personal Protection: N/A
Methods for Cleaning Up: Sweep up and dispose of in an appropriate waste disposal container according to local and Wash area with soap and water. regional authority requirements.
8. HANDLING AND STORAGE
Wear safety glasses. Avoid contact with eyes.
Keep away from oxidizing agents, excessive heat and sources of ignition.
Empty containers pose a fire risk. Evaporate the residue under a fume hood.
Ground all equipment containing material.
Do not breathe dust.
Storage: Store Magnesium stearate in a cool, dry location, in a sealed container in a well ventilated area.
9. EXPOSURE CONTROL/PERSONAL PROTECTION
Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations of vapors below their respective threshold limit value. If user operations generate dust, fume or mist, use ventilation to keep exposure to airborne contaminants below the exposure limit. Ensure that eyewash stations and safety showers are proximal to the work area.
Eye: Safety glasses should be worn.
Skin/Body: Lab coats, gloves.
Respiratory: Approved/certified dust respirator or equivalent.
Ventilation: Handle in well ventilated areas.
10. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
Physical State: Magnesium stearate is solid
Specific Gravity (H2O = 1): 1.028
pH: Not Available
Melting Point: 88C (190.4F)
Solubility in Water: Slightly soluble in cold water.
11. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Stability: Magnesium stearate is stable
Conditions to Avoid: Not Available
Incompatibility (Materials to Avoid): Not Available
Hazardous Decomposition or Byproducts: Not Available
Hazardous Polymerization: Will Not Occur
12. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Routes of Entry: Ingestion
Toxicity to Animals: LD50: Not Available
LC50: Not Available
Chronic Effects on Humans: Magnesium stearate may cause damage to the following organs: Liver, Skin
Other Toxic Effects on Humans: Hazardous in case of ingestion. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation.
Irritancy: Skin: Irritant
Carcinogenicity: Not Available
Reproductive Toxicity: Not Available
Teratogenic: Not Available
Mutagenic: Not Available
Notes: This substance may be toxic to liver, skin. Repeated or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce target organ damage.
13. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Ecological Information: Not Available
BOD5 and COD: Not Available
14. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
Waste Disposal Methods: Do not put into sewer lines. Dispose of according to local, state regulations.
- Diego Maradona has died at the age of 60
- Trisodium Phosphate(TSP)
- Diammonium phosphate(DAP)
- Monoammonium phosphate(MAP)
- Monopotassium Phosphate(MKP)
- MATERIAL SAFETY DATASHEET of MAGNESIUM STEARATE
- About Glucose oxidase
- How to do a good job in the prevention and control of African swine fever? Just remember these five
- What is Proteinase K?
- 1About Glucose oxidase
- 2How to do a good job in the prevention and control of African swine fever? Just remember these five
- 3Trisodium Phosphate(TSP)
- 4Diammonium phosphate(DAP)
- 5Monopotassium Phosphate(MKP)
- 6MATERIAL SAFETY DATASHEET of MAGNESIUM STEARATE
- 7Monoammonium phosphate(MAP)
- 8Diego Maradona has died at the age of 60
- 9What is Proteinase K?
- What's New
- Symptoms, Prevent, Treatment,Health information about COVID-19
- Is it safe for pregnant women, planning breastfeeding mothers to receive COVID-19 vaccines?
- Who should be excluded from receiving COVID-19 vaccines?
- Is it possible that someone vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get infected?
- What happens if an adverse event is reported?
- What is the link between COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions?
- What are the side effects of COVID-19 vaccines?
- How do we know that COVID-19 vaccines are safe?
- About COVID-19 coronavirus vaccines
- WHO says pandemic has caused more 'mass trauma' than WWII
- Tags List
- Essential Fatty Acid (1)
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (1)
- omega-3 fatty acid (1)
- camelina oil (1)
- Novel Coronavirus (1)
- vegetarian essential fatty acid (1)
- 2019-nCoV novel coronavirus (1)
- resistance to novel coronavirusis (1)
- Compound Amino Acid (1)
- benefits of amino acids (1)
- deficiency of essential fatty acids (1)
- Omega-3 help hair growth (1)
- 6217-54-5 (3)
- Purslane Oil (2)
- 225234-03-7 (2)
- 135669-41-9 (2)
- Perilla Seed Oil (2)
- 68132-21-8 (2)
- Flax Seed Oil (2)
- 8001-26-1 (2)
- Soya Protein Powder (2)
- 50-81-7 (2)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (2)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (2)
- COVID-19 vaccines (2)