The Importance of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Health
Why the importance of omega-3 fatty acids for health? The human body can make most of the types of fats it needs from other fats or raw materials. But the body can’t make omega-3 fatty acids and must get them from food. Foods are high in Omega-3 fatty acids include algae, fish, vegetable oils, nuts (especially walnuts), flax seeds,flaxseed oil, and leafy vegetables.
The importance of omega-3 fatty acids for health
Why omega-3 fatty acids special? What’s the importance of omega-3 fatty acids ?They are an integral part of cell membranes throughout the body and affect the function of the cell receptors in these membranes. They provide the starting point for making hormones that regulate blood clotting, contraction and relaxation of artery walls, and inflammation. They also bind to receptors in cells that regulate genetic function. Likely due to these effects, omega-3 fats have been shown to help prevent heart disease and stroke, may help control lupus, eczema, and rheumatoid arthritis, and may play protective roles in cancer and other conditions.
Omega-3 fats are a key family of polyunsaturated fats. There are three main omega-3s:Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) come mainly from algae,fish, so they are sometimes called marine omega-3s.
Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), the most common omega-3 fatty acid in most Western diets, is found in vegetable oils and nuts (especially walnuts), flax seeds and flaxseed oil, leafy vegetables, and some animal fat, especially in grass-fed animals. The human body generally uses ALA for energy, and conversion into EPA and DHA is very limited. The strongest evidence for a beneficial effect of omega-3 fats has to do with heart disease. These fats appear to help the heart beat at a steady clip and not veer into a dangerous or potentially fatal erratic rhythm. Omega-3 fatty acids also lower blood pressure and heart rate, improve blood vessel function, and, at higher doses, lower triglycerides and may ease inflammation, which plays a role in the development of atherosclerosis.
Please see more: What is Omega-3 Fatty acids .
- Rishon Candy with docosahexaenoic acid DHA
- Microalgae DHA oil supplier: RISHON
- Docosahexaenoic Acid function for brain health introduction
- The Importance of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Health
- Microalgae oil as a vegetarian source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid
- omega-3 Marine algae oil with essential fatty acids
- DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Reduces the Risk of Early Preterm Birth
- What foods in with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)?
- Algae DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Soft Capsules
- How much DHA(docosahexaenoic acid) do you need per day?
- Docosahexaenoic Acid*List
- 1omega-3 Marine algae oil with essential fatty acids
- 2Microalgae oil as a vegetarian source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid
- 3Microalgae DHA oil supplier: RISHON
- 4What foods in with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)?
- 5Rishon Candy with docosahexaenoic acid DHA
- 6The Importance of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Health
- 7DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Reduces the Risk of Early Preterm Birth
- 8Algae DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Soft Capsules
- 9Docosahexaenoic Acid function for brain health introduction
- What's New
- Symptoms, Prevent, Treatment,Health information about COVID-19
- Is it safe for pregnant women, planning breastfeeding mothers to receive COVID-19 vaccines?
- Who should be excluded from receiving COVID-19 vaccines?
- Is it possible that someone vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get infected?
- What happens if an adverse event is reported?
- What is the link between COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions?
- What are the side effects of COVID-19 vaccines?
- How do we know that COVID-19 vaccines are safe?
- About COVID-19 coronavirus vaccines
- WHO says pandemic has caused more 'mass trauma' than WWII
- Tags List
- Essential Fatty Acid (1)
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (1)
- omega-3 fatty acid (1)
- camelina oil (1)
- Novel Coronavirus (1)
- vegetarian essential fatty acid (1)
- 2019-nCoV novel coronavirus (1)
- resistance to novel coronavirusis (1)
- Compound Amino Acid (1)
- benefits of amino acids (1)
- deficiency of essential fatty acids (1)
- Omega-3 help hair growth (1)
- 6217-54-5 (3)
- Purslane Oil (2)
- 225234-03-7 (2)
- 135669-41-9 (2)
- Perilla Seed Oil (2)
- 68132-21-8 (2)
- Flax Seed Oil (2)
- 8001-26-1 (2)
- Soya Protein Powder (2)
- 50-81-7 (2)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (2)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (2)
- COVID-19 vaccines (2)