AntiFreeze Protein (AFP)
Date:2020-10-25Category:Essential Amino AcidsView:667Comments:0
|Cas No.:AntiFreeze Protein (AFP)Name:AntiFreeze Protein (AFP)Spec:naturalRemark: Category:Natural Amino Acids Vitamin|
|AntiFreeze Proteins (AFPs) create a difference between the melting point and freezing point known as thermal hysteresis. The addition of AFPs at the interface between solid ice and liquid water inhibits the thermodynamically favored growth of the ice crystal. Ice growth is kinetically inhibited by the AFPs covering the water-accessible surfaces of ice. Thermal hysteresis is easily measured in the lab with a nanolitre osmometer. Different organisms have different values of thermal hysteresis. The maximum level of thermal hysteresis shown by fish AFP is approximately -1.5 C (2.7 F). However, insect antifreeze proteins are 10-30 times more active than any known fish protein. This is probably because insects encounter lower temperatures on land than the -1C or -2 C that fish face in freezing waters. During the extreme winter months, the spruce budworm can battle temperatures approaching -30 C and resist freezing, though the Alaskan beetle Upis ceramboides can survive in a temperature of -60 C by using an antifreeze molecule that is not composed of proteins. The rate of cooling can influence the thermal hysteresis value of AFPs. Rapid cooling can substantially decrease the nonequilibrium freezing point, and hence the thermal hysteresis value. This means organisms may not be able to adapt to their subzero environment if the temperature drops abruptly.|
- Essential Amino Acids*List
- 1Compound Amino Acid by Essential Amino Acid and Non Essential Amino Acid
- 2Pea Protein Powder
- 3Silk Protein Cas No.: 96690-41-4
- 4Soya Protein Powder
- 5 AsPartame Cas No.: 22839-47-0
- 6AntiFreeze Protein (AFP)
- 7Essential amino acids cannot be made by the body.
- 8What is essential amino acid and what benefit?
- What's New
- Symptoms, Prevent, Treatment,Health information about COVID-19
- Is it safe for pregnant women, planning breastfeeding mothers to receive COVID-19 vaccines?
- Who should be excluded from receiving COVID-19 vaccines?
- Is it possible that someone vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get infected?
- What happens if an adverse event is reported?
- What is the link between COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions?
- What are the side effects of COVID-19 vaccines?
- How do we know that COVID-19 vaccines are safe?
- About COVID-19 coronavirus vaccines
- WHO says pandemic has caused more 'mass trauma' than WWII
- Tags List
- Essential Fatty Acid (1)
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (1)
- omega-3 fatty acid (1)
- camelina oil (1)
- Novel Coronavirus (1)
- vegetarian essential fatty acid (1)
- 2019-nCoV novel coronavirus (1)
- resistance to novel coronavirusis (1)
- Compound Amino Acid (1)
- benefits of amino acids (1)
- deficiency of essential fatty acids (1)
- Omega-3 help hair growth (1)
- 6217-54-5 (3)
- Purslane Oil (2)
- 225234-03-7 (2)
- 135669-41-9 (2)
- Perilla Seed Oil (2)
- 68132-21-8 (2)
- Flax Seed Oil (2)
- 8001-26-1 (2)
- Soya Protein Powder (2)
- 50-81-7 (2)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (2)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (2)
- COVID-19 vaccines (2)